Our knee brace provides you the support you need with adjustable compression for full flexibility and movement to help promote recovery.
This is the perfect brace to help prevent and relieve knee pain, generalized pain or specific pain such as a torn meniscus, dislocated patella, tendon strains, pulled ligaments, and osteoarthritis. RiptGear® knee braces have been designed to provide comfort and stability to help in recovery and injury prevention.
• Pre & Post Surgery
• Meniscus Tears
• Chronic Knee Conditions
• ACL, PCL & MCL
• Chronic Knee Conditions
• Injury Prevention
• Walking & Running
Patella Knee Brace
Open Patella Stabilizer Knee Brace
Our RiptGear patella knee brace has been designed to alleviate a wide variety of knee pain. The Velcro straps can be adjusted to attach anywhere along the front of your knee to give you perfectly customized support.
Our knee braces are Ideal for walking, running, playing sports, weightlifting, and for use during workouts at the gym. The open-patella stabilizer ring makes sure to keep your kneecap in its proper position. This lowers the risk of injury by guiding the kneecap into its proper position. Our model is designed to evenly distribute pressure across the knee and can help with several ligament issues including the MCL, PCL, ACL, and LCL ligaments.
These knee braces the best for reducing pain and providing support for conditions caused by arthritis, osteoporosis, tendinitis, and sports-related injuries.
Patella Brace Benefits
• OPEN PATELLA DESIGN – the open design makes sure that your kneecap remains in a comfortable and supported position
• POST-SURGICAL RECOVERY – our design includes four side stabilizers and four anti-slip compression straps for full support after surgery
• ARTHRITIS AND CHRONIC PAIN – sufferers of arthritis and pain can benefit from our fully adjustable compression while still allowing a full range of movement
• SPORTS INJURIES – injuries are reduced by keeping the knee in a proper tracking position and effectively distributing pressure
• COMFORTABLE SOFT – our neoprene compression is easily adjustable and comfortable to wear throughout the day
Open Patella Knee Brace
RiptGear® patella braces help secure and redistribute weight to help an injured knee heal quickly. Common customer injuries include twisted knees, ligament injuries, and incorrect ankle-to-knee alignment. Our RiptGear® open patella knee support braces are perfect to use for most pain-causing injuries as well as for arthritic pain.
Generalized knee pain can have a variety of sources, and many of them can be difficult to pinpoint. They include anything from tendinitis in the knee, knee dislocation, runner’s knee, and bursitis.
RiptGear® knee braces are well-designed and can handle all of your knee pain issues. We designed our top-quality materials to be both supportive as well as comfortable. Follow the RICE plan to a full recovery: rest, ice, compression, and elevation. Our knee sleeves can help restore your knee to pre-injury levels and eliminate pain.
When to Wear a Knee Brace
The most common time to wear a knee brace is when you are having knee pain, or you wish to avoid injuries while playing high-contact sports. With certain games, there is a higher chance of knee injury than with other games.
Knee braces are also worn for rehabilitative purposes. One example would be following an ACL injury. The proper brace will provide you with a slow and limited movement, allowing you to gradually regain your range of motion without further injury. Knee braces can also be helpful for arthritis sufferers because they can help reduce pain and inflammation.
Our strong supportive patella knee braces are the best-performing knee brace for those who are recovering from injuries or trying to prevent a re-occurring injury. They can be used in activities that require repetitive knee motions as you can adjust flex based on the compression straps.
Types of Knee Braces
Best Knee Braces
Several types of knee braces are available to choose from. The style you choose will likely be based on the level of support you need. The various styles include sleeves, wraparound braces, hinged braces, and straps.
1. Knee sleeves come in various sizes that are usually based on the circumference of your quadriceps. They are easy to wear, and you can slip them up and over your knee. They provide gentle knee compression which can help control swelling and pain. Knee sleeves often work best for intermittent, mild knee pain. Additionally, they can help minimize arthritis pain. Knee sleeves are the most comfortable style and can easily fit under clothing. RiptGear® also offers one of the best knee compression sleeves available.
2. Wraparound or dual-wrap braces are great for athletes who experience mild to moderate knee pain because this style provides more support than knee sleeves. This style of knee brace is easy to put on and to take off. They can also be used during training because they don’t have the bulk and heaviness of hinged knee braces.
3. Hinged knee braces are commonly used post-surgery by patients and athletes who need a higher level of protection and support during recovery. This brace style keeps your knee in proper alignment while bending to help heal existing and avoid future injuries. Your doctor may first recommend a hinged knee brace after surgery, but then move you to a less rigid design once you reach a certain level of healing. Hinged braces are either rigid or soft, and the soft style provides less support than rigid braces.
4. A knee strap is a great choice for a knee brace if you suffer from knee pain caused by poor patella tracking, runner’s knee / jumper’s knee (patellar tendonitis), or Osgood-Schlatter disease. Patella straps fit under clothes and are easy to put on and take off. Wearing a patella knee strap helps prevent future patella injuries and can minimize knee pain with gentle compression on your patellar tendon.
5. Closed and open patella braces might cause you to wonder about the difference between the two styles. Some braces come with an open patella which has a hole in the center of the brace, and other braces come with a closed (covered) patella. Braces with an open patella avoid knee pressure while offering extra kneecap support which allows for proper movement and tracking. On the other hand, closed patella braces offer slight compression at the kneecap with the same pressure as the rest of the knee.
Your doctor can help you decide which style is best for your particular pain and recovery needs.
Knee Braces for Recovery
Knee Brace for Sports
Suffering from a sports realted injury or arthritis in your knee? Are you looking to simply add some additaional support and prevent another injury?
Many different knee issues affect the kneecap. Some of the more common examples include patellofemoral malalignment which occurs when the kneecap is not aligned correctly and patellar subluxation which is a result of the kneecap being pulled as you bend your knee.
By wearing a patellar stabilizer, otherwise known as a patella tracking brace, you can help your knee move and track correctly. Doing this will decrease the wearing down of your knee joint.
Patella braces can help prevent kneecap dislocations, and they also help to protect you from unnatural knee movement that can be caused by patella tracking issues.
RiptGear® Open Patellar Stabilizers help do this by providing compression all around the knee and “lifting” the knee up into its proper position. They also help give added support all around the kneecap which helps to reduce inflammation and pain.
Patella Knee Brace – Size and Instructions
Recommended Size Chart
Size Chart (inches):
IMPORTANT! For perfect fit measure 4″ inches above kneecap and 4″ inches below to make sure this brace will fit.
16” – 18” inches diameter around Thigh
14” – 16” inches diameter around Calf
19” – 21” inches diameter around Thigh
16” – 18” inches diameter around Calf
Size: Extra Large
22” – 23” inches diameter around Thigh
18” – 20” inches diameter around Calf
At RiptGear® we are always finding ways to protect and heal athletes. Our adjustable compression Open Patella Knee Brace can help provide support for re-occurring injuries and prevent ones from happening.
RiptGear Coupon Codes and Promo Codes
RiptGear offers 15% off when you purchase on RiptGear.com. Save money and purchase from here. We also offer same day shipping and free returns. Enter the promo code during checkout: RIPT15